First Aid at Work level 3
The course covers primary and secondary care including a mix of theory and practical tasks. It must be carried out by an approved instructor and assessor. It a 18 hour course and conducted over a minimum of 3 days. Day one is now also available as an online course then only 2 days in the classroom.
This course is ideal for all business types where the risk assessment requires a higher level of training as well as other area’s where a more comprehensive first aid course is required.
As of October 2013 this course became available as a Ofqual Regulated Level 3 course. Regulated by Ofqual, the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and the Welsh Government Department for Education and Skills (DfES Wales) will be permitted to award a qualification in First Aid at Work (FAW) which will be accepted by HSE for the purposes of compliance with regulation 3(2) of the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981. This is due to change to a RQF course soon and we will keep you updated.
This new comprehensive Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work is 3 day course and is for learners intending to act as a First Aider in the workplace. This qualification will provide all the required first aid skills necessary to manage a patient that is not breathing normally, is unconscious, bleeding or is ill or injured prior to the arrival of the emergency services. The course is designed to provide the First Aider with the skills necessary to give effective basic life support, diagnose and treat minor and manage major injuries or illness keeping the patient alive until the emergency services arrive.
This qualification will be enable the holder of this qualification to deal competently and confidently as a first aid trained member of staff in the workplace.
- Initial Care
- First Aid at Work Regulations and Rules
- Accident Reporting
- Activating Emergency Medical Services
- Fears of First Aid
- Barriers – gloves and face barriers
- Initial Assessment and airway management
- Unconscious Breathing and Recovery Position
- Cardiac Problems
- The Heart
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR
- One Rescuer CPR
- Compressions only CPR
- CPR Handover to a Second Rescuer
- Introduction to AED’s
- Other Primary Care First Aid Problems
- Choking on Adult, Child and Infant
- Serious Bleeding Management and Wounds
- Shock Management and types of Shock
- Spinal Injury Management
- Specific Injury Management
- Injury Assessment
- Breaks, Fractures and Splinting
- Strains and Sprains
- Types of Wounds and Practice Bandaging different Injuries
- Embedded Objects
- Burns and Scalds
- Head Injuries
- Temperature Injuries – Heat Stroke, Heat Exhaustion and Hypothermia
- Eye Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- Crush Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Electrical Injuries
- Illness Management
- Illness Assessment
- The Respiratory System and Hypoxia
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Heart Attack
- Asthma and Respiratory Problems
How much does this cost?
This price is based on a trainer coming to your venue Monday to Friday between the hours of 9 -6
This can save you money as you’re not paying staff extra travel time and mileage.
|First Aid at Work Level 3 (3 day course)
Qualified Trainer – up to 12 attendees per instructor
– Training Manakins (Adult, Child & infant)
– Choking Vest
– Manakin wipes
– Quiz and games 2 learn
– Presentation Equipment
|QCF Certificates – First Aid at Work Level 3|
|– note paper
– Training Manual
– Business card for future contact
– Face shield*
|Office administration (Charged per course)
– Process your registration
– Verify your test papers
– Submitting your test papers
– Maintain/update Learner registration bodies (LRBs)
– Ongoing telephone support for First Aiders/attendees
– Posting of certificates to 1 designated address
*Attendee will be given these to keep, they are not reusable due to infection control.
- Venues can be provided if required at an addition cost
- Parking fees to the trainer are add to your invoice
- A white wall/White screen may be required for projector presentations
- Weekends are charged at an Extra £50 per day
How can I book the course?
Make a booking
Close booking form
Dont like to brag but you seen our reviews?
Look at our reviews
Close the reviews
View Courses coming up
Close the reviews